Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FB thoughts and understandings

Go down 
+2
BreezyDay
Glecius
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Glecius

Glecius

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-08-25

FB thoughts and understandings Empty
PostSubject: FB thoughts and understandings   FB thoughts and understandings Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:28 pm

Here are some thoughts about FBs and how we approached the teams needed for them.

FB 19 - simple, basic first FB. Team dynamics not much of a problem as long as you have 1 or more person in their 30-40s. If not, just the standard idea of tank, healer, DD (damage dealer) will work.

FB 29 - Open dungeon in front, Green Shirt instance towards the back. Popular place for pk'ers, but once in Green Shirt they cant get to you. As for dynamics, you'll need a tank and EP unless your tank doesn't mind burning HP at a somewhat quick rate. I actually died soloing the end boss while in my 70s. He can hit for 600-800 magic.

FB 39 - This is where you need to start thinking along the lines of team dynamics. You have mobs that explode when you kill them, sending out some high AoE dmg. I would recommend 2 melee in their 50s (tank and DD) or high lvl Mage for DD, plus the lower lvls need to stay back a bit or you can die fairly easy. If done without wine, this will be the first dungeon you want to use a WF (Necromancer) for pulling with their pet. There are 3 bosses and while it might not be the hardest FB around, it has it's deadly surprises if not careful.

FB 49 - This is where team dynamics begin to come forward. You will need tank, EP (2 if not in their 50-60s), puller (WF/Necromancer), and dmg dealers. There are 2 bad parts of this FB (my least favorite). 1. - You have to kill the first 2 bosses, then tele out for the 3rd Tab. Leave the team to keep the dungeon open. 2. - Roamers!!! You have mobs in this dungeon that roam around and you can get ambushed. 2 of the bosses roam as well, so you need to make sure your team either keeps an eye out or knows their locations. Roamers DO respawn, so we always sent the tank back to the beginning of the dungeon after the 2nd boss in order to run the tablet holder back in. If not able to kill mobs easily, take the entire team back, it isn't that bad of a run. Also, you won't get the necessary tabs for this until lvl 51, so be patient and do it then.

FB 59 - One word, WINE. Everything needed to be done in this FB can be done with wine, and should be. The dungeon is based on the 5 elements and has mobs and bosses in 5 seperate areas accordingly. Your best tank here is a good Mage with high elemental defense. Some bosses are trickier and we used the WB for, but ones such as water, fire, metal are best with Mage. Earth doesnt give a lot of room for range until agro'd in place by a tank. Your EP needs to be well into their 60s, or take 2 just in case. No need for a puller in this FB using wine.

FB 69 - The hardest FB in the game. You will need to go in with and without wine, multiple times. Other quests will send you back and forth, kind of a pain. As for team dynamics it gets tricky. In this one you will need puller (even with wine), tank, 2 EPS (explain more below), and DDs. This dungeon leaves you unassuming until the final 2 bosses in the back. They are the reason for needing a puller and 2 EPs. Back bosses use a debuff on the tank, so one EP needs to purify the tank and party heal ranged members. The other EP just stacks heals on the tank and prays. They also have a nasty AoE, so your EPs will need to have a bit of Con (I always heard 3k HP was a good number to prepare for EPs). This FB can be frustrating and challenging until worked out properly, but when it is, the satisfaction makes it all worth while.

FB 79 - Really kind of a basic FB actually, but with many mini bosses thrown throughout. You can get tangled up in a mess if not careful, but it's actually easier than the FB 69. You will need a puller, tank, EP, and DD. We always got by with 1 EP, but he knew how to play really well. I'm not sure what the "standard" is, but we never played by it anyway, so just be prepared. Last boss not available with tablet until 70 I think if I remember correctly.

FB 89 - I was absent when my group made these runs, but I'll try to help from what I was told. Standard FBs (plural b/c of Heaven and Hell aspect). Use your knowledge gained at this point in your team dynamics and make changes where you see fit. I was told they aren't hard persay, but again I never went in myself.

Hope this info helps shed a little light for some. Nothing written here is in stone, just some of the things I learned throughout my time and experience. If anyone has anything to add, please do so and I can make the apropriate changes. Also any questions I can try to help answer the best I can.
Back to top Go down
BreezyDay

BreezyDay

Female Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: FB thoughts and understandings   FB thoughts and understandings Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:59 am

Nice Job!! I remember the lvl 59 very well WhispeR and I did it with a lvl 73 Human warrior. What a Face Archer, Priest, Warrior. Woot!!!!! Good times It was a nail biter but we managed.
Back to top Go down
Glecius

Glecius

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: FB thoughts and understandings   FB thoughts and understandings Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:15 am

Nice work tanking with a Warrior. We used to farm 59 for molders. Had a good run until we got too high lvl. Once we got it all worked out we could finish in about an hour. We had 4 mid-high lvl 60s. EP, WR, WB, and MG. Was a nice system until we tried 69 without knowing about the last 2 bosses Shocked
Back to top Go down
Vizeroh

Vizeroh

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: FB thoughts and understandings   FB thoughts and understandings Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:09 pm

I use to solo FB89/99 on my WB. And the very last bosses of each 99 hurt like hell.. Deadly they are.
Back to top Go down
seshses

seshses

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: FB thoughts and understandings   FB thoughts and understandings Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:51 pm

What exactly does FB stand for ? , hehe
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: FB thoughts and understandings   FB thoughts and understandings Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:06 pm

First Battle ... it`s how people refer to the PW Instances.
Back to top Go down
seshses

seshses

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: FB thoughts and understandings   FB thoughts and understandings Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:05 pm

Ah thanks , now i need to get some levels to see how they are .
Back to top Go down
losersRawk

losersRawk

Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: FB thoughts and understandings   FB thoughts and understandings Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:39 pm

why do they call it First Battle? O.o Seems kinda odd, cuz if your do it more then once, its not first anymore? lol
Back to top Go down
BreezyDay

BreezyDay

PostSubject: Re: FB thoughts and understandings   FB thoughts and understandings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:17 pm

Well its called first battle because you have to kill a certain amount of a specific mob to get the boss quest. Hence First battle. when you finish first battle the boss quest comes auto.
You can do them over again with people that have the token its a party quest. Been running FB 19 and 29 for 2 days now. Did 39 last night. =}
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: FB thoughts and understandings   FB thoughts and understandings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:45 pm

Its called First Battle .. because chinese are freaks and thats what they called the Quests that send you into the Instances.

" The Spoon " approves this post.
Back to top Go down
BreezyDay

BreezyDay

PostSubject: Re: FB thoughts and understandings   FB thoughts and understandings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:30 pm

SHHH The chinese are my slaves er I mean friends, they be helping me take over a server soon. They loves the BreezyDay Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
losersRawk

losersRawk

Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: FB thoughts and understandings   FB thoughts and understandings Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:43 am

I still don't see why its called FB lol. Silly Chinese.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FB thoughts and understandings   FB thoughts and understandings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FB thoughts and understandings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Gaming Section :: [PWI] Perfect World international-
Jump to: