Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best MMORGP you ever played?

Go down 
+7
Dorian
djxkxoz
BleedForMe
WhispeR
BreezyDay
Urmama
Estarioll
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Estarioll

Estarioll

Male Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Best MMORGP you ever played? Empty
PostSubject: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 6:40 pm

which one is it?
what was so special about it?
were there any downsides?

let's keep this topic on f2p rpg's, give 'em a chance to stand out Smile

to answer my own question...
can't say that i have a favorite one... i quitted Lineage 2 some 9 months ago, never played it on official server but on private servers though. after that i tried some other games but none of them kept me for long... out of the ones i tried (shaiya, 2 moons, domo, silkroad) i liked shaiya the most, but prolly cause it reminded me on L2, but it was kind of slow, and they screwed it up with playing modes... you have to play normal mode till lvl 40 (easy mode is totally unnecessary) so that you can start hard mode which has more skills (and skillpoints), but takes 4x more xp to lvl... so it's all over again... bores you tbh :shrug:
domo is sweet, but too childish
2 moons are ok, nice action, pvp and all, but they have too few lvling spots, and cause of that they're mostly taken, and as lvling goes slowly you don't rly have much to do but pray you'll find a spot for yourself, grind, and that no high lvl's are gonna cross your path (i saw killing lowbies by high lvls happen there offten as nowhere else).
silkroad... tried it only for a few days, seemd somehow slow and boring in fights and all. game just didn't have a good vibe to keep me.

i am somewhat interested for trying out rohan and requiem; but i'll give RoM a chance, i like it so far.
Back to top Go down
Urmama

Urmama

Male Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 6:50 pm

I have been playing Rohan since I pretty much gave up on Rappelz.

Bad thing about Rohan was that there were way to many Bots and Hackers in the game. Hell the bigest Guild on the server I played on was pretty much a guild of botters and Hackers. Game play was good and still enjoyed it.

I think my favorite was rappelz. All in all was well put together and fun to play (Kept me going for 2 years). Down side of it is that it just got old and got really sick of all of the Drama in the guild I was in so pretty much just left.
Back to top Go down
BreezyDay

BreezyDay

Female Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 6:52 pm

Well Perfect World was my Fav. But that was on a private server. Shaiya was good when we played you had to hit 50 to open up hard mode. Then they totally screwed it up with the item mall. Rohan A GREAT BIG GRINDER.... Dance online.... Keeps it on my comp for nostalgia!!! I has no Favorite atm Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 6:57 pm

Hmm ... all time favorite ... guess none. Current favorite ... Runes of Magic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BleedForMe

BleedForMe

Male Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 6:57 pm

hmmm id probably have to say 12 sky was my fav so far.the entire game was based on pvp the sole purpose of lvling was to kill members of other factions and fight to be the strongest. there are 3 battling factions the Guanyins which are the more samurai lookin i guess. then the Fujins who are like ninjas all black real skinny and fast. then my fav the JINONG they are bigger build stand a bit taller than the others and are more earthy people.
you have battles to controll a place called yangohk its crazy fun all three factions battling eachother at the same time to control the area you can go here and kill people from the opposing faction any time day or night. you can battle the other factions in instance like pvp arenas. you can also get a group together and invade the cities of other factions.
the downfalls to this game is that you only get like 1 quest per lvl and they are easy and dont give much exp. and then its all about grinding grinding grinding Razz also last time i was playing there wasnt really anything new being added to the game. but now im back and they have added new areas and a new server Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BleedForMe

BleedForMe

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 6:59 pm

ya i played rohan its all about grinding party and scroll partys. if you dont have a scroll its unbelievably slow to lvl thats why i got to like 54 and stopped Razz
Back to top Go down
Estarioll

Estarioll

Male Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:00 pm

heh, i forgot to mention hackers in 2 moons O.o
sometimes entire areas of game were empty, there were no mobs cause hackers would take them all...

as for grinding... i usually don't mind that, most of mmropgs are grindfests, sometimes i even find myself enjoying it, especially if i try to drop some item that i need.
Back to top Go down
BleedForMe

BleedForMe

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:14 pm

ya well drops in rohan suck about as much as the grinding lol and i enjoy grinding too if im in a party with guildies or friends. sometimes you luck out an join a random party full of crazy ass people that have you laughin the entire time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:22 pm

ROHAN is a very good game. Try playing the JP version. They messed up the " international " version of the game. They are aware of the fact that EXP/Drop/Success is 50-60% lower then what its supposed to be. Hopefully they`ll fix it .. not that I care .. since RoM is here now. hug hug hug Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BleedForMe

BleedForMe

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:24 pm

lol there seems to be a bit of a RoM bug going around lately Razz everyone is obsessed with it!!
Back to top Go down
djxkxoz

djxkxoz

Male Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:28 pm

which one is it? Dunno the one I played the most would have to be Mega Mudd. I wrote scripts for that game to the do the grinding for me. It's all there was - BBS games ruled! LOL.
what was so special about it? Umm it's all there was
were there any downsides? No graphics. Other than that it was so long ago I don't remember.

I'm putting all my stock in RoM. It has the potential to be the best MMO.
Back to top Go down
BleedForMe

BleedForMe

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:31 pm

dont think i could play a game that didnt have graphics you dont get to actually see what it is your doing.... its like someone describing a beautiful naked girl... its just not as satisfying if ya cant see it Razz
Back to top Go down
djxkxoz

djxkxoz

Male Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:34 pm

BleedForMe wrote:
dont think i could play a game that didnt have graphics you dont get to actually see what it is your doing.... its like someone describing a beautiful naked girl... its just not as satisfying if ya cant see it Razz

LOL I'm old. We are all spoiled now. If that's all there was, it was the shit! And from what I've read about your favorite movie, It really doesn't sound like you will be seeing any naked girls expect on the internets. J/K Wink
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:35 pm

djxkxoz wrote:
BleedForMe wrote:

LOL I'm old. We are all spoiled now. If that's all there was, it was the shit! And from what I've read about your favorite movie, It really doesn't sound like you will be seeing any naked girls expect on the internets. J/K Wink

Owned ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Urmama

Urmama

Male Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:54 pm

ROFLMFAO.......
Back to top Go down
BleedForMe

BleedForMe

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:03 pm

lol that was harsh Razz while ill admit i have been lackin in the lady department lately it wouldnt be to hard to see a beautiful naked lady in RL just cant be to picky about the beautiful part lol jk.
Back to top Go down
BreezyDay

BreezyDay

Female Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:13 pm

and the god of lonely guys everywhere said "Let there be strip clubs" Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BleedForMe

BleedForMe

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:53 pm

lol damn right!
Back to top Go down
Dorian

Dorian

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 3:51 pm

My favorite f2p MMO to date would be Lunia. Its still up now and I tend to go back to play every now and again. It's a ton of fun since its a mix between MMO, beat-em up, and stages. It brings be back to my sega genesis days of Streets of Rage ( amazing game btw).
Back to top Go down
Krama

Krama

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:35 am

My favorite mmo was FF online because was so different at time. What killed me AH prices and ppl not staying in pt long enough to lvl.
Back to top Go down
Ataluta

Ataluta

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:54 am

I don't even have to think about it, Final Fantasy 11, (FFXI). Hands down.
Back to top Go down
Raytan

Male Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:36 pm

My favourite game without a doubt is lineage II. It was my first mmorpg. I played it for 2 years and im looking for another game that can make me play for another 2 years or more. It seems that ROM can be that game. I like lineage becouse all is guild based. In lvl 52 all armors have to be crafted for a dwarf and all members of the guild have to work hard recollecting mats and doing raids to complete sets for the guild. The guilds are very very closed becouse in lineage you can steal all type of items and use them in your own character, becouse of that the trial periods in guilds are very long, and to join in a guild you must have the confidence of all members. I tried another games after this like, silkroad, archlord, flyff, rf online...... some of that game look good but all are like if they were lacking something. Like if they were incomplete games comparing with lineage. Archlord have sieges an alot of things, but is completly solo player. And i dont like that.
Now im in rom and found here very nice people. I think this could be the definitive game.
See u!
Back to top Go down
WongHungLo

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:04 am

I really liked this game hostile space for a long time. then the creator decided to go P2P and ruined the game. I also had a good time with Realms of Kaos which is more of a text based MUD. It was quite fun and had a mature player base. I played Conquer for a long time which is one of those grind type games definitely. And now I await playing ROM with great excitement for a game that looks like has it has good potential.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best MMORGP you ever played?   Best MMORGP you ever played? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best MMORGP you ever played?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Purgatory Open Forum :: Bullshit & Spam-
Jump to: