Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!

Go down 
+6
Estarioll
djxkxoz
BreezyDay
Urmama
AwakeningFire
BleedForMe
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BleedForMe

BleedForMe

Male Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-09-26

BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Empty
PostSubject: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:23 am

ok its my expirience that mmo nerds such as myself and several of you other lovely people tend to read alot of books along with your chosen games..... what are your favorite books authours series ect.... and tell us why you like that particular book or author.

my favoritebooks if i had to choose would probably be the riftwar saga by raymond e. feist. he is a great writer and when reading his books felt the emotions of the people in it especially pug aka milamber. when he got pissed and destroyed the arena where they were forcing the people of two races to fight against thier will i was pissed my heart was beating out of my chest i just wanted to reach into the book and strangle the war cheif with my bare hands. im deff a fantasy nut im all about my dragons magic and sword fights. some other authors i read are angus wells, terry goodkind, christopher paolini, robert jordon, john flanagan, jk rowling, philip pullman, and many many others Smile
Back to top Go down
AwakeningFire

AwakeningFire

Female Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:15 pm

OMG!

Okay so where do i start because i'm the biggest dorkiest book worm ever and My list is endless. Well not true.

Okay To start off.... I've read all harry potter and Loved them. Though i would love to break into a heated discussion of that final book and conclusion to see what you think.

The Sword of truth series by Terry Goodkind. !!!!!!!!!--- All time Favorite. He has an amazing talent for incorporating Ideals into the book and the connection i made with some of the characters i just wanted to reach inside and become apart of the story rather then a bystander. Heart melting.

Eragon Series -- Christopher Paolini--- My Heart broke as i turned each page because i knew i was one page closer to an unfinished story. At the same time my heart Jumped knowing that I would be left for speculations for another year or two and that would make the final book all the sweeter for the wait. An interesting turn of events to say the least. and I'm looking forward to the finally.

Wheel of Time -- Robert Jordan--- I've read the first and second books but i havn't finished the series yet. Or gotten up to date with it. I've been a little hesitant. I'm worried now that the author has died that the final book will break my heart. And while he has left detailed instructions to his wife via recordings and while the book was already half finished. I'm still a little anxious.

i've Recently read all four Twilight saga novels --Stephenie Meyer. And to be honest i never acctually thought i'd get into a book like that as werewolves and vampires was never really my genre of literature but after a few chapters i realised that the book transgressed far beyond the corny vampire bites human plot, into the most detailed and heart Wrenching love story I've ever read about. New Moon is the first and only book i've ever cried through and my heart ached with understanding. I've kinda developped an obsession and downloaded the audio books on my IPOD so i could listen to them over and over again. My mind still whorls around the plots and i can't seem to think of much else. I also have High hopes for the upcoming series of books meyer is planning on writing from the perspective of one of the other characters in the story. I don't want to give too much away if you havn't read them. Though it may not be your style.

Drizzt Do'Urden -- R.A. Salvatore
If you havn't read this series jump on it. It is probably one of the most origianlly crafted novels I've read and it truly is a time line of events encircling a character i believe you'll grow to love. What i love is through each phase of his life you can really see the changes that events have on the drow elf. It's Magnificent.

Terry Brroks ... Everything he's written and currently Writing.
First Fantasy novel i ever read was the Sword of Shannara and It's still a classic and a favorite to this day. I have an odd connection with this author as i feel like i've watched him improve with everybook. Comparing his earlier works to his latest and seeing the improvement. While there is much to argue about I hold each novel close to my heart. The six book series he's working on now is etched deep and i'm waitng to spring on his next published book to find out what happens to darling character.

And while i'd love to touch on everything i've read I've probably just jumped down your throat with alot as it is.

Other Series...
Dragon Prince --Melanie Rawn
LOTR --J.R.R. Tolkien
Time of the Dark
Chronicles of Thomas Covenent the Unbeliever --Stephan R. Donaldson
The Warfarer Redemption -- Sara Douglass
Rhapsody Trilogy
Fifth Quarter -- Tanya Huff
The Death Gate Cycle --Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
Dragon Prince and Raven Warrior --Alice Borchardt

^^ Books are a wonderful thing. Razz And i get really enthusiastic when i get on them. When you named a few of my favorite authors i couldn't really help myself Razz.

Many others but these are the ones that popped into my head most imeediatly.
Back to top Go down
http://awakeningfire.blogspot.com/
Urmama

Urmama

Male Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:50 pm

I would love to read but my kids prevent that from happening.

I tend to read more history oriented books however, outside of that I have read most of the Harry Potter books. Other than that it is mostly reading Disney books and Starwars books to my two rugrats.
Back to top Go down
BreezyDay

BreezyDay

Female Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 pm

All time fav?? Velveteen Rabbit
But then I will read just about anything I can get my hands on.
All time fav author? Stephen King The Gunslinger series had me enthralled to the very last page, then i slung it across the room and screamed. {Now that's writing}

Seriously I do read quite a bit. History is a great subject for me, however, I am not into bodice rippers. they just don't do it for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
djxkxoz

djxkxoz

Male Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 6:46 pm

I wish I had time to read a book. I stare at a monitor most of the day and read that. In my spare time (what little I have), I will be playing RoM. Unfortunately, it has been so long since I've read a book that I can't honestly tell you what my favorite would be - sad really.
Back to top Go down
Estarioll

Estarioll

Male Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:07 pm

haven't read anything besides harry potter in a while O.o lol!
but before i used to read a lot, i guess that reading so much colledge litterature, social/love live and games prevent me from reading as much as before.

but some of my all time favorites are...

lives of the mayfair witches triology by anne rice (the witching hour, lasher, taltos)... i've read many of her books during my high school goth/mystic phase and playing vampire: the masquerade/requiem pen & paper rpg's with friends, but right now when i think about it all, they seem pretty trashy Very Happy first 3 books of the vampire chronicles are marvelous (interview with the vampire, the vampire lestat, queen of the damned... i was lucky i read those before seeing the movies, which suck totally), the rest are just milking the money from fans imo.

bram stoker's dracula (yeah, i'm sort of a vampire fanboy Very Happy read that book before seeing the movie, the new one with keanu, winona, oldman and bunch... which also sucked after you read the book first, but that's mostly the case anyway)

some e.a. poe collections short stories...

then there's tolkien offc, pratchet... lately i grew fond of stephen king... it (LOVE it, scared me god damn more than that tv show they made), rose red, dreamcatcher...

never read gunslinger... tempted to try it now after reading breezy's post Very Happy

then there's the dune series, some D&D books that i've read... dark elf series and the cleric quintet and some elminster novels.

but all in all, i didn't read many fantasy books (i don't rly count harry potter as fantasy Very Happy), at least not as much as i'd like to... there's many on the market, but we don't have them translated so we can't rly borrow many of those from libraries, i do like to buy books however, so if anyone knows some rly good ones - shoot. i like to read.
Back to top Go down
BreezyDay

BreezyDay

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:38 pm

ya gunslinger is not horror. I started reading that series when it first came out. I waited for every single release, sometimes years between them, It was so worth the wait. Like so many of his other books you get so involved with Roland, and what he believes to be true, that the ending of the last book just makes you want to write Stephen King a letter telling him what a master he is at his craft. Oddly enough I did just that After I got done cussing and laughing. cheers

Did the Anne Rice thing also. They were super fast reads do have to agree that Interview With the Vampire was prolly the best of the bunch. She also writes under 2 other names, read all that too. Sleeping Beauty series was interesting to say the least. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Estarioll

Estarioll

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 8:07 pm

yes, her erotic novels and stuff Smile know about that Very Happy didn't read it though.
lives of the mayfair witches is pretty kinky in some spots too ^^
Back to top Go down
AwakeningFire

AwakeningFire

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 8:53 pm

Gunslinger. Now theres a novel i heard many good reviews about but never acctaully read.
Back to top Go down
BreezyDay

BreezyDay

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:18 pm

gunslinger is a series he started in 1982 actually called , The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger, 1987 The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three, 1991 The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands, 1997 The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass, 2003 The Dark Tower X: Wolves of the Calla, 2004 The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah, 2004 The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower. Always felt that The Talisman that he did with Peter Straub was loosley connected with this series. But of all his books the one that creeps me out the most is The Cell. I still think 2x before I answer my phone. :}
Back to top Go down
BreezyDay

BreezyDay

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:18 pm

BTW Bleed excellent topic Smile
Back to top Go down
Estarioll

Estarioll

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:22 pm

oooh so the dark tower series are gunslinger!

gimme some spoilers! :hyper: what's it about!!!

yeah, perfect topic!
Back to top Go down
BreezyDay

BreezyDay

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:47 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Tower_series.

Gives a run down of each.:} But it will never disclose the ending of the last book.
Back to top Go down
BreezyDay

BreezyDay

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:51 pm

Estarioll wrote:
yes, her erotic novels and stuff Smile know about that Very Happy didn't read it though.
lives of the mayfair witches is pretty kinky in some spots too ^^

Rofl Kinky is not the word I would use for the Roquelaire novels. It goes beyond that ....
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ephinyus

ephinyus

Female Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:53 pm

OMG, I haven't read The Dark Tower books in years! I think I
was a teenager the last time I read one of them...

As for my favs... pretty much anything by Anne Rice... been reading
her books since I was 13... yes, that was before the movies.
I'm old. Razz Mayfair Witches and Vampire Cronz. being the favs....

Last edited by ephinyus on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ephinyus
Estarioll

Estarioll

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:01 pm

BreezyDay wrote:

Rofl Kinky is not the word I would use for the Roquelaire novels. It goes beyond that ....
Twisted Evil

oooook, got my attention there cherry

ummmm... and ephinyus... 32 isn't old O.o
Back to top Go down
BleedForMe

BleedForMe

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:31 pm

sword of truth saga was the shit it dont get much better than that. sadly i never did finish i think i got to maybe the sixth book and somehow got onto another series when i first started reading the saga i went through the first 3 books in less than a week and if any of you have seen the books you know that that is no easy task especially considering i worked full time... oh well im a nerd and i love it Smile was tested in sixth grade for my reading level and was told i read well above a college level. i was a horrible student i would do my in class work but wouldnt touch homework. when my teacher heard the test resulsts she almost pissed herself Razz
Back to top Go down
djxkxoz

djxkxoz

Male Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:15 am

BleedForMe wrote:
i was a horrible student i would do my in class work but wouldnt touch homework. when my teacher heard the test resulsts she almost pissed herself Razz

Exactly! I had that same problem (choice?). Pre-Calc - I averaged D (close to a F) throughout the entire year. Final exam, I got an A-. The teacher was like WTF. I watched you during the exam and I know you didn't cheat. I said if you didn't count homework for so much of my grade, we wouldn't be having this discussion. <----- Hated homework - waste time.
Back to top Go down
BleedForMe

BleedForMe

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:22 am

EXACTLY homework is bullshit just a waste of time i did great on tests and quiz's but those only counted as like 20% of your grade then homework was like 75% oh well i dropped out and got my ged probably not the best decision but i was never know for making the best decisions anyways Razz
Back to top Go down
BleedForMe

BleedForMe

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:24 am

ha just noticed im 7th on top posters list! tis an honor to be under you breez ;D
Back to top Go down
BreezyDay

BreezyDay

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:04 am

you little pervy thing you Smile
Back to top Go down
BleedForMe

BleedForMe

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:38 am

lol hmmm yup thats me just dont tell whisper Razz
Back to top Go down
AwakeningFire

AwakeningFire

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 5:33 pm

Lmao Razz teehee I love you guys.

The sword of truth series captivated my heart. And i still stick with it. The first book is without a doubt probably one of the best in my opinion but Faith of the Fallen is perhaps my favorite addition to the overall plot he's telling. But through his later works i've noticed that there may perhaps be a decline in his original motivation to write. The excitement and enthusiasm is there but i just feel like perhaps the author needs to think less about what people expect and more of what he wants to write. As it is an authors originality and capabilities to tell a story that hold a reader. He can tell a story. I think perhaps he has something greater in mind though and he's rushing through the current to get to something else. All of this just simple speculations on my part.

As for Homework. I believe "Birds of the same feather flock together" Is an appropriate statement. All through Highschool anything we worked in during class... was accomplished. Anything I had to do at home rarly got done. Unless of course it was something i was motivated to accomplish. Anything in the Fields of English and Art where i could express myself was done. I'm not really a math a science Genious... and I'll be honest.... I Hate hate hate hate hate Math... and never put any effort in. So i stopped taking those courses and switched all my courses in the feilds of Art. I think this helped because i was more doing things I enjoy, even though it closed off many options.

Not too worried about it though. Life is what it is and if your not doing what you love somethings wrong.
Back to top Go down
BreezyDay

BreezyDay

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 7:24 pm

I am the exception to every rule. Graduated from high school 6 days before my 15 b-day. This does include cutting almost an entire semester. { they never realized I wasn"t there} finished my doctorate by 21. I hated school with a passion just wanted to get it done and over with.
Back to top Go down
AwakeningFire

AwakeningFire

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:48 pm

Thats cause.... your amazing Razz. No questions asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!   BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Purgatory Open Forum :: Bullshit & Spam-
Jump to: