Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Play at your own Peril.

Go down 
+3
Krama
Blackwind
Xanados
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Xanados

Xanados

Male Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Play at your own Peril. Empty
PostSubject: Play at your own Peril.   Play at your own Peril. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:49 am

Once again Gravity has failed. My patch downloader is an EMO!! Cuts download everytime at odd numbers and is bipolar when it comes to speed. Then it mocks me for having an OLD file, and the nut job GMs are as dumb as a brick and not really caring much for the game. I can deal with the delay in CB keys over at RoM, and I can deal with one patch screw up during a big release, but this shit at Gravity, three times now that this shit happened and with the forked over money they still can't get better servers or connection. I still think they're receiving the files from Korea, then forwarded to LA to be redistributed to people all over the world on a 128k ISDN line!

In-game, you're not missing much, according to many of our old colleagues, the game is even laggier than before, and the bugs are still there. EXP rates may have changed, and Xenoa class is nice, and helms over 50+ is great too, but I can't enjoy a game that is laggy as hell with a absentminded GM who needs to take a class or two on customer support.
Back to top Go down
Blackwind

Male Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Play at your own Peril.   Play at your own Peril. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:58 am

The reason I didn't join you guys over on Requiem was because of lag issues. It wasn't too bad that I couldn't deal with it. But I imagine it would have sucked for anyone I played with in instances or raids. But its very sad to hear that the various lag issues players have in general have gotten even worse after this patch.

I still like Requiem. I simply can't play due to my own lag issues. But I hope for those that continue to play it, that the game performance and other things improve. And soon.
Back to top Go down
Krama

Krama

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Play at your own Peril.   Play at your own Peril. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:36 am

Is it really that bad or u guys making sound worst? i getting tired of getting pk in 2moons=(. I need a new rpg.
Back to top Go down
Blackwind

Male Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Play at your own Peril.   Play at your own Peril. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:54 am

From what I've seen on the Requiem forums and elsewhere, not everyone suffers from lag. Some people have lots of lag. Others disconnect a lot. And others with really good computers still experience some degree of lag. And then there are those we don't lag much at all, from what they've said.

So I would say if you got the time and patience, download it, install it and check it out. Your gaming experience may not be as bad as the others.

I can't say how things are now after the latest patch, haven't been on since the patch.
Back to top Go down
ephinyus

ephinyus

Female Number of posts : 360

PostSubject: Re: Play at your own Peril.   Play at your own Peril. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 7:33 am

Things have gotten worse in some areas since the patch. Turba has always been laggy, but since the patch, the El-Rima desert is laggy in the extreme... in some cases, locks up the game. But once you're out of that area, it seems to clear up alot. I have patience, because I love the game. I fought through it, and once I was out of El-Rima, I was fine.
I have to say that the new race is alot of fun! Especially the Hunter. Rocket Launchers ftw! And the traps! OMG! They are like little landmines! You lay them in front of you, so the mob walks right in it, and in some cases, kills instantly and the mobs flies straight up in the air. Body parts rain down upon you! It's GREAT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ephinyus
Xanados

Xanados

Male Number of posts : 235

PostSubject: Re: Play at your own Peril.   Play at your own Peril. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:14 am

That's what I miss about the game body parts flying...but if I can't get 3.0 to work or the damn patches because of some server sided reason then I'm out for the time being. Plus my duties on RoM now is taking up a lot of my time.
Back to top Go down
wraith

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Play at your own Peril.   Play at your own Peril. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:04 pm

Full scan FTW, use it to do what its there for Razz

Or just look on FP for requiem 3.0 easy done.
Back to top Go down
seshses

seshses

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Play at your own Peril.   Play at your own Peril. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:25 pm

I played my first day on Requiem and the game client freezed up over 7 times during my gaming session i can feel massive lag spikes sometimes i know it's not my computer i have a top end rig with 4g of ram to boost .
Back to top Go down
ephinyus

ephinyus

Female Number of posts : 360

PostSubject: Re: Play at your own Peril.   Play at your own Peril. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:34 pm

Yes, the game does tend to freeze up a lot in Turba. Mainly in the El-Rima Desert area. I worked my way through it as best as I could, and once past that area, I haven't froze up once. Maybe it is just the massive amounts of ppl in that area, most if not all of whom are playing the new Xenoa race? Not sure, but it does seem to stop freezing up when you're out of that area. But then you have to go back to Kurt to get your forth bag quest, and have to deal with the lag/freeze for a short while again. But if you love the game like I do, just work past it... Though you'll still have lag spikes here and there. That's just Requiem being, well, Requiem Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ephinyus

PostSubject: Re: Play at your own Peril.   Play at your own Peril. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:37 pm

Outside of Turba I haven't frozen up since the 3 day pre-launch, so just get to level 23+ and move over to Parness.
Back to top Go down
seshses

seshses

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Play at your own Peril.   Play at your own Peril. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:54 pm

Am still in the choosing a class process : lv 11 shaman
lv 11 protector

and trying the 2 other races the one that can be a dominator ( pet class)

and Genoa ( hunter or battlemage )

Iwill settle on a class today and get out of the starting zone asap ... i've played more buggier games than this so am not worried plus i really enjoy this one , only sucks that there no region chat for freebies Razz
Back to top Go down
tinynails

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Play at your own Peril.   Play at your own Peril. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:33 am

I haven't had too many lag issues with the game. It freezes about once a week or so for me, but that's not too bad. And I played in Crescent up to level 22, then switched to Turba, and I had very few issues. And hey, what do you want for free anyway?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play at your own Peril.   Play at your own Peril. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Play at your own Peril.
Page 1 of 1