Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A little character info

Go down 
+9
ephinyus
Alamareth
Okulista
Alayzia
semicomatose
LemonadeJoe
WhispeR
Kelaros
Abaeus
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Abaeus

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-26

A little character info Empty
PostSubject: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:42 pm

So... I\'ve been doing some research and it turns out for all of those who are planning to play Priest / Knight I would strongly recommend you change your plans... it works like this

Lets use Warrior / Knight as an example, Warrior is driven by Rage, Knight is driven by Mana.

If your using warrior as primary and Knight as secondary and your rage runs out you are fine because you can use the mana of your knight basically your playing Rage / Mana.

However both a priest and a knight are both based on mana, so your playing a mana / mana char, meaning if you run out of mana on one char, you have no backup your pretty much dead, also mixing 2 chars with the same primary stat. ie, mana / mana makes your mana deplete a hell of a lot faster than it would with rage / mana for example.

======================================

Warriors use rage.
scouts use focus.
rogues need energy .
mages, clerics and knights are fighting with mana.

======================================

So if you want to risk the mana / mana fighting style then thats all good, I was tempted with it myself but as a priest lets say, the "safest" possible combinations are

Priest / Rouge - Mana / Energy
Priest / Scount - Mana / Focus
Priest / Warrior - Mana / Rage

Last edited by Abaeus on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kelaros

Kelaros

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:48 pm

well i hear you but theres ways to regain mana. i doubt it will be that big of a deal that the char will be screwed.
Back to top Go down
Abaeus

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:50 pm

I am still thinking of playing Priest / Mage even with the mana / mana thing, I would imagine the amount of mana you have would be twice as much as normal because you have 2 mana pools to pull from
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:10 pm

If you go Knight/Priest .. even though they both use mana ... you get a lot of advantages. Knight has a small mana pool , so the priest will boost that , thus you can use your skills and taunts for a longer time.
Back to top Go down
Kelaros

Kelaros

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:20 pm

great point i think a lot of people forget that. a knight with a warrior as secondary will have added hp and probably some added defense as well however, so we shall wait and see which is more valuable, whether it be more defense or more chances to cast ur spells.
Back to top Go down
LemonadeJoe

LemonadeJoe

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:05 am

what about priest/paladin ?

priest for skills - heals buffs etc.
and paladin for plate armor

hmm ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:43 am

I want know is, If say i went
Mage/knight

Will I be able to wear plate armor and use wand/sheild? For janky tanker mage?
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:04 am

Jessica wrote:
Mage/knight

Only when your Knight/Mage. If your Mage/Knight you can`t use Knight Gear . When you switch from Knight/Mage to Mage/Knight the Plate Armor will still be on you , but you`ll get no stats from it. Meaning you always have to keep a set of gear for Mage and one for the Knight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:37 am

WhispeR wrote:
Jessica wrote:
Mage/knight

Only when your Knight/Mage. If your Mage/Knight you can`t use Knight Gear . When you switch from Knight/Mage to Mage/Knight the Plate Armor will still be on you , but you`ll get no stats from it. Meaning you always have to keep a set of gear for Mage and one for the Knight.

Aww that sucks!
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:05 am

Jessica wrote:
WhispeR wrote:
Jessica wrote:
Mage/knight

Aww that sucks!

Well the bright side is ................ wait , there is no bright side !!! sorry Razz
Back to top Go down
Kelaros

Kelaros

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:47 am

LemonadeJoe wrote:

hmm ?

There is no such thing as a paladin Smile You're thinking priest/knight.
Back to top Go down
LemonadeJoe

LemonadeJoe

Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:33 pm

so, priest/knight is a good choise ?
knight has many buffs so its kinda good for priest tank.

tell me
Back to top Go down
Abaeus

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Kelaros wrote:
LemonadeJoe wrote:

hmm ?

actually it is a paladin not a knight, they have it translated wrong Razz

A Knight isnt mana based a Paladin is, a Knight is melee based.

I think I am going to go with Priest/Mage still
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:18 pm

Abaeus wrote:
Kelaros wrote:
LemonadeJoe wrote:

hmm ?

Nope .. In RA its Knight ... sa the translation is good. If you want a paladin , then Knight/Priest ... Priest/Knight is your thing.
Back to top Go down
Abaeus

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:22 pm

WhispeR wrote:
Abaeus wrote:
Kelaros wrote:
LemonadeJoe wrote:

hmm ?

Nope .. In RA its Knight ... sa the translation is good. If you want a paladin , then Knight/Priest ... Priest/Knight is your thing.

nope Razz

Paladin: holy knight with magical abilities. Most paladins have the ability to heal wounds by touch.

Knight: originally a person of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry

A knight has no magical ability at all, its a paladin by default if its based on mana.
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Paladin .. heals .. Knight doesn`t heal but still uses mana. So that makes the Knight .. a Knight. Combining him with a priest , makes him a Paladin .
Back to top Go down
Abaeus

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:30 pm

WhispeR wrote:
Paladin .. heals .. Knight doesn`t heal but still uses mana. So that makes the Knight .. a Knight. Combining him with a priest , makes him a Paladin .

To my knowledge there is no occasion of a big brute wearing plate mail armour with a fuck off huge sword ever having the ability to be magical but its probably a good idea to stop there cause this is gonna go on forever Razz
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:36 pm

I am only talking from experience .. since I Played Ra for aprox 2 weeks. But putting it aside , Its not the 1st game where a Tank uses Mana. The Knight may use mana , true , but he has no heal skills .. meaning he is not a Paladin. In order to make him a Paladin and boost his mana pool .. you need to pick the Priest as a second class. [ or 1st ]
Back to top Go down
semicomatose

semicomatose

Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:33 am

Abaeus wrote:
So... I\'ve been doing some research and it turns out for all of those who are planning to play Priest / Knight I would strongly recommend you change your plans...

I see what you are trying to say, but I still think that I'll stick with the Knight/Priest combo. I find in most games that hardest part to tanking is not taking damage, or having it healed, but keeping threat on the target. Of course, I will have to see the game's mechanics in action before I can say for 100%, but usually, being a tank is moreso holding the target, than absorbing its damage. This is why in most MMO's a good tank is hard to find *cough*WoW*cough* because they have no clue what it really means to tank.
Back to top Go down
Alayzia

Alayzia

Female Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:41 pm

I could use some advise I want to be a super tank..is war/rog best or pal/scot?
Back to top Go down
Okulista

Okulista

Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:44 pm

with whom mix scout, what do you think?
i m a little bit confused after reading primiry/secondary skills topic :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:54 pm

Alayzia wrote:
I could use some advise I want to be a super tank..is war/rog best or pal/scot?

Warrior =/= tank.
Back to top Go down
Alamareth

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:29 am

Warrior is an extreme damage dealing class. You run into a mob and just skill spam constantly.

Tanking is knight/X, as knights get the highest armor, buffs, and shield based skills. I personally do NOT suggest priest as a secondary for a knight because the priest will add next to nothing to the knight and the knight will add near nothing to a priest. Not to mention you will have mana problems.

I personally went warrior/mage for supplementary magic on the warrior and the ability to lure without getting mobbed. Although for now, the warrior is adding very little to my mage but the mage makes my warrior quite well rounded.
Back to top Go down
Kelaros

Kelaros

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:18 am

id say warrior/knight is the best combo for melee tanking since they both add a lot of hp to each other and my guess is also some defense although i dont know. i think mage/priest is a good combo if u like either of them because they both help each other with more mana and more int/wis. and finally rogue/scout since both give each other dex and helpful attack speed/weapon skills.
Back to top Go down
ephinyus

ephinyus

Female Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:11 am

So far, My level 16 Mage/Priest is kicking ass and taking names Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ephinyus
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little character info
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next