Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A little character info

Go down 
+9
ephinyus
Alamareth
Okulista
Alayzia
semicomatose
LemonadeJoe
WhispeR
Kelaros
Abaeus
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xanados

Xanados

Male Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-08-16

A little character info - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:34 am

I'm a Knight/Scout in-game. I can tank pretty decent and get the aggro off other people as well as draw mobs with my bow and arrow. Plus if I get skill-stunned which is often I can pull out my bow which does a lot of damage. Knight skills are very fast to cast, with very little cool down.
Back to top Go down
Daripper

Daripper

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:09 am

i alittle confuse w/ the introduction of 2 classes in one. so lets say i have choosen to be Warrior / Knight ( warrior being my main and knight my secondary ) so to use a certain skill i have to keep switching from one class to another like if i wanna use a knight skill i have to switch to my knight class to use it or i can use it while i'm in my warrior??
Back to top Go down
Alamareth

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:24 pm

Each class has what is known as "Main" and "Class-Specific" skills. Lets take your Warrior / Knight comination. This means that you can use the Main AND Class-Specific skills of your warrior, but only your Main skills of the Knight. The exact opposite applies to a Knight/Warrior.

Finally, only your main class gets exp - so you will have to switch to level both characters.
Back to top Go down
Daripper

Daripper

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:12 pm

ohh i see thx, knowing that i guess i only have but 2 combination for my rogue.
Rogue / Warrior and Rogue / Mage ( like to use magic afro )
Back to top Go down
Alamareth

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:49 pm

You also get around 10% of your secondary's base stats added to your mains. I'm not sure if this is working yet, but I believe that is how things are supposed to work.

Rogue / Warrior - Slightly higher str and hp than a regular rogue
Warrior / Rogue - Slightly higher dex than normal warrior

Rogue / Mage - Slightly higher magic defense than normal rogue
Mage / Rogue - Slightly higher dodge than normal mage

Honestly, the Rogue / Warrior will stack stats better than Rogue / Mage. However, that is only one consideration of many. Look at the skills in a wholitic view, then apply them to your play style appropriately. That is how I came to my decision to be a Warrior / Mage.

For me, the Warrior / Mage gives me higher magic defense for PvP and the ability to kite mobs and runners (in PvP). Turn that around and I have a high HP mage that hasn't sacrificed any hitting power in return. Not to mention that I only have to manage energy pool. All warrior main skills are all "free" casts.

I personally would like to see a dual wielding rogue with axes (ability gained through warrior main passive).
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:55 pm

Rogue/Scout is da bomb. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alamareth

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:00 am

WhispeR wrote:
Rogue/Scout is da bomb. Very Happy

For the beginning levels, absolutely agreed. However, based upon the skills - I don't think they are going to have much staying power. They are just the class that gets going immediately whereas Warriors in particular take some time.
Back to top Go down
losersRawk

losersRawk

Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:54 am

I was very dissapointed by the scout class. The whole cooldown on each shoot is stupid imo. There should just be auto shoot with no cool down. Its just not a real rang class to me. I know wut the info sayes about the class, but still. I was wanting to play the class.
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:19 am

I dont even use the shoot skill .. its dumb .. but all the side dagger skills that the scout gives are imba Very Happy
Back to top Go down
losersRawk

losersRawk

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:37 am

I stoped playing the scout I made after bout 40 mins. I just couldn't take it, its not a REAL range class to me. I am liking the rogue/war though.
Back to top Go down
WhispeR

WhispeR

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Scouts only turn imba at 15+ .. until then they suxxorz
Back to top Go down
losersRawk

losersRawk

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:30 pm

I've played alot of games with archer type classes and this has just got to be one of the worst. Most archer classes do suck till they hit round the 20's or so. But to not be a true range class, its just disappointing.

I really think, they need to re-think the game macs on the scout class, there a ranger, yet the range isn't so. You shoot once from a distance, next time you get to shoot there right on top of you. It just needs to be fixed I think. -shrug-
Back to top Go down
Alamareth

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:12 am

losersRawk wrote:
I've played alot of games with archer type classes and this has just got to be one of the worst. Most archer classes do suck till they hit round the 20's or so. But to not be a true range class, its just disappointing.

I really think, they need to re-think the game macs on the scout class, there a ranger, yet the range isn't so. You shoot once from a distance, next time you get to shoot there right on top of you. It just needs to be fixed I think. -shrug-

Are you able to kite at all? Have you tried running and auto shooting? I've never played the scout because their basic setup didn't appeal to me. However, from what I've heard scouts are best with their skills - particularly short range. I do understand what you are saying, but I think the developers are trying to keep scouts from only being a range class. Keep in mind, if it was going to be a pure archer - then they may have named the class "Archer". Razz

Anyway, I know these kinds of things are under review just from looking at the recent CB patch notes. If you are CB I suggest you take a look at them.
Back to top Go down
rocha_rox

rocha_rox

Male Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:19 am

Mage/Item Finder.
Back to top Go down
losersRawk

losersRawk

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:48 am

Alamareth wrote:
losersRawk wrote:

Are you able to kite at all? Have you tried running and auto shooting? I've never played the scout because their basic setup didn't appeal to me. However, from what I've heard scouts are best with their skills - particularly short range. I do understand what you are saying, but I think the developers are trying to keep scouts from only being a range class. Keep in mind, if it was going to be a pure archer - then they may have named the class "Archer". Razz

Anyway, I know these kinds of things are under review just from looking at the recent CB patch notes. If you are CB I suggest you take a look at them.

They call it "Scout", but at the char creation screen its called a "Ranger" once you have chosen the scout class. I just think it should live up to being a ranger. All it is right now is a gimp rogue that starts off with a bow. Least thats what I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Daripper

Daripper

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:53 am

Alamareth wrote:
You also get around 10% of your secondary's base stats added to your mains. I'm not sure if this is working yet, but I believe that is how things are supposed to work.

Rogue / Warrior - Slightly higher str and hp than a regular rogue
Warrior / Rogue - Slightly higher dex than normal warrior

Rogue / Mage - Slightly higher magic defense than normal rogue
Mage / Rogue - Slightly higher dodge than normal mage

Honestly, the Rogue / Warrior will stack stats better than Rogue / Mage. However, that is only one consideration of many. Look at the skills in a wholitic view, then apply them to your play style appropriately. That is how I came to my decision to be a Warrior / Mage.

For me, the Warrior / Mage gives me higher magic defense for PvP and the ability to kite mobs and runners (in PvP). Turn that around and I have a high HP mage that hasn't sacrificed any hitting power in return. Not to mention that I only have to manage energy pool. All warrior main skills are all "free" casts.

I personally would like to see a dual wielding rogue with axes (ability gained through warrior main passive).

i guess ui'll go rogue / mage since i will magic defence ( will kill clothies lol ) but then again rogue warrior isn't that bad since i'll hit harder lol Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little character info   A little character info - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little character info
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2